A Flood and Nature Walk demonstrating how vulnerable Brent is.
Brent FoE will be leading a walk following (as far as possible) the course of the Wealdstone Brook and part of the River Brent from Wembley Park Station (meeting at 2pm) to St Raphael’s green space. Meet at Olympic Square (i.e. at the bottom of the wide steps outside the station).
We will look at natural life along the waterways, and consider how the built environment interacts with nature, and the possible dangers posed as climate change threatens to bring more flooding over the next few years. We will pause (at about 3pm) on the bank of the River Brent, near the Monks Park/St Raphaels open space, to launch paper boats with messages about climate change, and what we all need to do about it. Come along and make your own boat to launch!
Also bear in mind:
- Children should be accompanied by an adult who will be responsible for them.
- Wellies optional
- Assemble 2pm, boats on river/grassy area at 3pm
- We will have fishing nets to ‘capture’ any boats floated down the river.
- Participants can choose to break the walk at Stonebridge Park (station and buses) or do the return walk at their leisure or with me.
- Participants should bring water, snack and any medication they may require.